While we're on it (in the form "how many devs do we have"): How hard/impossible/unsuitable would it be to get a usable estimate on the # of users, per package?

Here are so many problems, technical, policy, resources, (others?). That said, feedback in the form "How many users uses/installs my package" would IMHO be a great input for any packager. It would be the difference between dropping the package in a black hole vs getting a message back from the community.

Lets face it: I envy those who can measure the usage from a download counter or so. Can we have something similar?

Could we even give people a badge when users actually uses a package ? (hrmpf :) )

Cheers!

--alec