On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 08:07:37PM +0800, Christopher Meng wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 6:26 PM, Michael Schwendt <mschwe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 23 Dec 2014 10:57:14 -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> >
> >> You will need to convince a sponsor to sponsor you.
> >>
> >> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_get_sponsored_into_the_packager_group?rd=Extras/HowToGetSponsored
> >>
> >> Many sponsors like to see you put together a package for review or
> >> 'pre' review existing packages in the review queue to show that you
> >> know what you are doing.
> >
> > Btw, several sponsors have been burnt by someone new wanting to take over
> > a single orphaned (or even deprecated) package, only to give up shortly
> > afterwards without any notification. :(  So, a positive attitude in
> > general and not getting upset too easily by other changes in the dist is
> > a plus if you are serious about becoming a contributor.
>
> I will take it back as I was an admin of this package. Incidentally,
> should I go through the review process again?
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Orphaned_package_that_need_new_maintainers#Claiming_Ownership_of_an_Orphaned_Package_Procedure
does not say anything like that.

Kees,
if you still decide to become a maintainer, when you get sponsored,
you can apply for co-maintainership of ddclient. I'm sure cicku will
be happy to have a second pair of hands.

Best,
Zbyszek