On 05/01/15 06:25, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

That is potentially one way to address it.  I think it is somewhat
confusing to have two different interfaces for dealing with software and
it also means that the additional metadata included in GNOME Software
won't be available for command line utilities <...>

And in the developer usecase, isn't this where this metadata would be really useful? As for tools, I think many (most?) developers already have strong preferences and choose them for a reason.

Dependency libraries is something different - haven't we all been on thin ice with such ones and would have loved to have more input?

Cheers!

--alec