On 01/20/2015 11:55 PM, Yohan Graterol wrote:
> Hi
>
> It's a great idea, but IntelliJ (For Android and Java) need as
> requirement Oracle JDK, so, Fedora has OpenJDK. PyCharm, RubyMine and
> Webstorm not need Oracle JDK.
>
> Regards!
>

> Enviado con MailTrack
> <https://mailtrack.io/install?source=signature&lang=es&referral=yohangratero...@gmail.com&idSignature=23>
>
> On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 4:58 PM, Julien Enselme <juj...@jujens.eu
> <mailto:juj...@jujens.eu>> wrote:
>
>     On 01/20/2015 10:40 PM, Corey Sheldon wrote:
>     > intellij/IDEA  has now mostly  been folded into  AndroidStudio which
>     > while  not in the default repos can be obtained on the android dev d/l
>     > page  for linux as a .zip/tarball
>     >
>     >
>     > Corey W Sheldon
>     > Freelance IT Consultant, Multi-Discipline Tutor
>     > 310.909.7672 <tel:310.909.7672>
>     > www.facebook.com/1stclassmobileshine
>     <http://www.facebook.com/1stclassmobileshine>
>     > <http://www.facebook.com/1stclassmobileshine>
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     > On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 4:00 PM, Eric Smith <space...@gmail.com
> <mailto:space...@gmail.com>
>     > <mailto:space...@gmail.com <mailto:space...@gmail.com>>> wrote:
>     >
>     >     I think it's a great idea. IntelliJ is the basis for the new Android
>     >     dev env (though Eclipse can still be used). I looked at trying to
>     >     package it again, but as you say it looks like a pretty big task.
>     >
>     >
>     >     --
>     >     devel mailing list
>     >     devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
>     <mailto:devel@lists.fedoraproject.org>
>     <mailto:devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
>     <mailto:devel@lists.fedoraproject.org>>
>     >     Fedora Code of Conduct: http://fedoraproject.org/code-of-conduct
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     Hi,
>
>     I also think this is a great idea. I just have a question: do you intend
>     to package just the Java IDE or do you intend to include plugins for
>     other languages like python (the version for python is called Pycharm
>     but I guess it has the same code base than the Jave version)?
>
>     BTW: there is a copr repo for Pycharm
>     (https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/phracek/PyCharm/). Maybe it can
>     help you start.
>
>     Regards,
>     Julien Enselme
>     --

For android studio, the Oracle JDK is more a recommendation. I made some
basic Android development today with Android studio running on the
OpenJDK and Fedora 21 and I experienced no problems at all.

I just got a message saying that some display problems might appear with
the OpenJDK and suggesting to use Oracle JDK instead.

Regards,
Julien Enselme