----- Original Message -----
> On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 11:09:08AM -0500, Bohuslav Kabrda wrote:
> > Some general notes:
> > If your package depends on Python because of a Python script that has
> > /usr/bin/python in hashbang, you need to change this to /usr/bin/python3.
> > All "Requires" and "BuildRequires" on Python extension modules have to be
> > changed from "python-foo" to "python3-foo" in order for this change to
> > work.
>
> Wouldn't it be better to simply say that "Dependencies have to be adjusted
> so provide the necessary Python 3 modules." ? How to do it depends on the
> package,
> sometimes a slightly different set might be used, and simply changing all
> python-
> to python3- might not be enough.

As I noted, this bug is not supposed to be created for "libraries" (i.e.
packages that have python- or python3- subpackages), but for "applications"
(for example "bind", that has some Python scripts in it, but no Python bindings
or importable modules). (Either that answers your question, or I didn't
understand the question in which case please try to rephrase it :))

> > If your package is an "application" (let's call it "foo") and it also
> > generates a subpackage with Python bindings (i.e. "python-foo" or
> > "foo-python"), you should provide a python3 subpackage ("python3-foo" or
> > "foo-python3") and use that as dependency of other subpackages.
>
> This part is unclear. What "other subpackages" and why should the
> depend on the python3 subpackge?

To explain it on an example: there's python-dnf and python3-dnf and dnf - all
are subpackages generated from a single srpm. Right now, dnf requires
python-dnf, but should be switched to require python3-dnf (and all other
subpackages generated from dnf.srpm should be switched to require python3-dnf).
Does that make it clearer? (I could add this example to the bug description)

Slavek