On 02/24/2015 02:17 PM, Aleksandar Kurtakov wrote:
>> I would much rather live without any legacy jdk, and if so then without any
>> rules. But not setting
>> them will bring chaos for majority of users.
>
> I have a question: Is there anybody that stepped in to maintain the legacy
> jdk?
> If there is nobody to maintain it trying to come up with this guidelines now
> would be pointless.
> In short I think that such guidelines would better be created *only* when
> there are interested parties, jointly with them and the process is played a
> bit by some copr repo or similar. Purely theoretical work is not needed.

I fully agree with Alex here.

I would add that if someone really wants to maintain older JDK in Fedora
then it should up to *them* to come up with a solution that will work
and satisfy expectations of JKD maintainers and Java SIG. Maintaining
package is more than clicking "unorphan" in pkgdb.

--
Mikolaj Izdebski
Software Engineer, Red Hat