On 18 Mar 2015, at 08:40, Miroslav Suchý wrote:

On 03/16/2015 06:48 PM, Mike Pinkerton wrote:
If the working group deems the software to be that useful, wouldn't it be better to bring its packaging up to the quality of the "official" Fedora repo, and make it more easily discoverable by all Fedora users, regardless of whether they choose to use that "product" or a spin or a "non-product" install of Fedora?

Another example - I have two projects in Copr:
 * spark-cli - command line interface for Spark Core
 * nanoblogger - blog with just static pages generated by bash sript

I have no intention to get them into main Fedora. Mostly because I am not willing to fix bugs. I just packaged it for myself. It works for me and it may work most people. Therefore I assume that it may be useful for somebody out there.

We (as Fedora) simply could not package and maintain everything with the same quality.

I understand the usefulness of copr for software in development, experimental builds, personal projects, work in progress, etc. I even understand making software there discoverable via a web-based search page -- which you already have.

What I don't understand is the wisdom of an official Fedora "product" endorsing a copr when either the software or packaging (or both) is not of sufficient quality to make it into the official Fedora repo.

--
Mike