On Thu, 2015-07-02 at 14:59 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:

> First, there's no way to let a "good enough" package in and have it
> progress to excellent — it must be excellent at the start, because we
> generally don't trust the package quality to do much but go down.

This is actually something I'd like to see addressed procedurally, with
something more like the kernel's staging model.  Bugzilla is a poor
process tool, I'd much prefer to see a package staging tree that can
feed (only) scratch builds to koji or copr, and have the git modules
promoted to pkg git when they're review-clean.

>  But, short of someone deciding to filing a change and signing up
> a proven packager or mass-filing bugs, there's no one who has the
> general responsibility of improving all the packages.

Right.  And I'm happy to NMU things that annoy me (and have started, for
some of the issues I found in the first post), but it's not really my
job, and it's not something we collectively encourage of each other.

- ajax