On Qua, 2015-07-29 at 16:10 +0100, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> On Qua, 2015-07-29 at 10:05 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:

> > > Wishful thinking. Porting from gtk2 to gtk3 is non-trivial or not
> > > even
> > > feasible in all cases (without dropping some
> > > features/implementations).
> > > Some developers are unhappy with gtk3. Others switch to Qt.
> >
> > There is little reason to switch from gtk2 to gtk3 if you are happy
> > with gtk2 and don't want any newfangled stuff. gtk2 will be maintained
> > for the forseeable future.
> >
> > Its a different story for the other GNOME2 era libraries mentioned
> > here: libgnome, orbit, gnome-python2 - porting away from those is long
> > -overdue if you haven't yet.
>
> That is the kind of information that I'm looking for , ORBit and ORBit2
> this stills works ?

I just checked and ORBit1, gnome-libs1 and libglade1 [1] are needed only
by 2 packages : spacechart and gtkd , while gtkd have updates spacechart
last update is from 2002-12 ...

[1] repoquery --repoid=rawhide --whatrequires ORBit-\* gnome-libs\*
libglade-1\*

ORBit-devel-1:0.5.17-43.fc23.i686
ORBit-devel-1:0.5.17-43.fc23.x86_64
gnome-libs-1:1.4.2-33.fc23.i686