On Tue, Aug 04, 2015 at 10:40:28AM -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> "Ambivalent" is probably understated here.  It's hard to imagine
> people securing i686 hardware these days to run a Workstation
> experience, after all.

The question, I think, is how much we want to prioritize the
"Workstation experience" on older hardware (or on devices like the
Baytrail tablets). When Owen tested this a year or so ago, the memory
savings on 32-bit in Workstation were very significant, such that —
kernel bugs aside — is clearly advantageous for systems with less than
3GB of RAM (and probably all the way up to 4GB).

I think it's perfectly fine for Workstation to acknowledge this and
move on anyway — for those cases, there *is* more to Fedora, after all,
and it may be that an overall-lightweight desktop environment is a
better choice, and that's fine. The whole idea here is that any one
product/edition/flavor/spin *doesn't* have to be all things to all
people.

--
Matthew Miller
<mat...@fedoraproject.org>