On 23/08/15 16:36 -0400, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Hi

On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 4:23 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:

No, sorry, but that is not true. I wrote those update notes in the Bodhi 1
web interface, so of course I looked at the resulting formatting. Bodhi 1
interpreted that syntax as a list, not as a single paragraph. This is a
change in Bodhi 2 (and IMHO, for the worse, though if there's some official
Markdown spec that says it should be that way, meh…).

Markdown has no official spec.  The closest you can get is commonmark.
Fairly sure, the current parsing is more "correct".

http://commonmark.org/

Some Markdown implementations require the blank line before the list
(StackOverflow's does), but CommonMark doesn't:

 In CommonMark, a list can interrupt a paragraph. That is, no blank
 line is needed to separate a paragraph from a following list:
 http://spec.commonmark.org/0.21/#example-246

So the current parsing doesn't match CommonMark.