On Sat, Aug 29, 2015 at 11:53:18PM -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> I have a patch for a source file that has DOS line endings and
> %patch strips the \r characters causing the patch to fail while
> suggesting the use of the --binary option. However the %patch macro
> will not accept the binary option.
>
> Is there an easy way to use a patch with DOS line endings or am I
> going to need to convert the fix to unix line endins in prep, before
> applying the patch?

If the patched file is something like a C source file, then converting
the line endings of the source files in %prep seems like the right
thing to do here.

For example in nekovm.spec:

BuildRequires: dos2unix

# ...

%prep
%setup -q -n neko-%{version}

for f in CHANGES LICENSE `find -name '*.[ch]' -o -name 'install.neko'`; do
  dos2unix --keepdate $f
  chmod -x $f
done

%patch0 -p1