Am 13.09.2015 um 10:16 schrieb Andrew Haley:
I remember the time before free software distros like Fedora: it was
chaotic, with messes of bundles and contradictory dependencies from
all over the place, with no reliable tools for finding things.
Relying on the upstream ecosystem's way of sorting this out, with a
different mechanism provided depending on programming language, isn't
going to do it

sadly too many people of the younger generation don't and so believe it only if they feel the pain at their own - don't know when it stopped that one learns from past mistakes of other instead make them again

that times i played around with Linux systems but not considered seriously to use it as main system - with Fedora Core 2 and the mature package-management i tried again after years not touch Linux and then with FC6 and FC9 switched *anything* to Fedora what is able to boot a OS

hopefully future changes don't let me regret that decisions and force to start again with something different