I maintain the cross-binutils and cross-gcc packages.  These produce powerpc64
subpackages with binaries in.  However, since I was asked to provide support
for ppc64-linux-gnu-x in addition to powerpc64-linux-gnu-x commands, I provide
symlink rpms for the ppc64 name that link to the former name.

This, however, seems to go messily wrong if a symlink is being installed to a
filename that is already populated with a file.  It appears that the symlinks
so far installed don't get cleaned up.

Would it be better to install wrapper scripts instead?

David