On 12 October 2015 at 16:27, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kof...@chello.at> wrote:
> Ian Malone wrote:
>> Maybe there's some confusion about the point I was making. I'm
>> referring to the case where the bundled library has functions that are
>> no longer present in the fedora version and the application requires
>> them.
>
> And I already answered that point:
> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2015-October/215591.html
>
> Now you are replying to my reply to Haïkel's objection to my above answer,
> which indeed addresses Haïkel's point and not yours.

I'd thought Haïkel at least misinterpreted what I'd said and then
thought maybe you had too.

As for the suggestion, it's not always trivial to replace a function.
Sometimes you'll get away with a patch that replaces a single use with
an updated call. Other times you'll find you need to re-structure
things to use a new way of doing stuff, possibly even re-design. If
you really want maintainers to take that on you can call them lazy for
not doing so, but you might find you're shouting them at their backs
as they walk away.

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk