On 04.12.2015 21:46, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Fri, 2015-12-04 at 16:09 +0100, Timotheus Pokorra wrote:
>>> is deployed in probably half of the homes in Germany... Also I am
>>> pretty sure other routers form other manufacturers do the same
>>> thing. Now, if we default to DNSSEC validation soon, does this mean
>>
>> Same for Vodafone Routers in Germany: I go to http://easy.box to
>> configure my router.
>>

> Older Netgear routers also used http://routerlogin.net before they were
> set up.

If they don't own the domain, then this is simply hijacking of domain
name space, which is not owned by them. It is expected, that these
"clever ideas" will not work with DNSSEC.

Tomas

> Dan
> --

Tomas Hozza
Software Engineer - EMEA ENG Developer Experience

PGP: 1D9F3C2D
UTC+1 (CET)
Red Hat Inc.                 http://cz.redhat.com