On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 7:25 PM, Nico Kadel-Garcia <nka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 10:37 AM, Sérgio Basto <ser...@serjux.com> wrote:
>> On Sex, 2016-01-08 at 08:54 -0500, Jaroslav Mracek wrote:
>>> Hi everybody,
>>>
>>> I would like to set following packages as Orphan due to that upstream
>>> is dead or  maintainers do not respond:
>>>
>>> repoview
>>
>> have we a replace for repoview ?
>
> Does anyone actually like it? I find it to be confusing eye candy,
> unnecessary and interfering with basic content reviews, compared to a
> flat filename based file list. I deliberately exclude "repoview" from
> all repository mirrors.

It would be nice if we had a better way to generate pages on packages
in a repository based on the metadata, in a lightweight fashion.

I've kinda poked at it to update it myself[0], but there's stuff that
has to be fixed: the Kid templates need to be replaced, the usage of
SQLite metadata needs to be replaced with parsing the XML data, and
the dependency on yum needs to be killed. The dependency on yum was
easy to kill, as I was able to replace yum.comps with python-libcomps,
but the other stuff is much harder.

[0]: https://gitlab.com/Conan_Kudo/repoview