Am 14.01.2016 um 20:20 schrieb Neal Gompa:
On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 2:14 PM, Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net> wrote:

Am 14.01.2016 um 19:57 schrieb Gerald B. Cox:

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 10:45 AM, Bill Nottingham <nott...@splat.cc
<mailto:nott...@splat.cc>> wrote:

     As a rule, I try not to take legal licensing interpretations from a
CTO
     who's trying to sell me the thing they're talking about the
     licensing of.

     We certainly could send that interpretation of CDDL/GPL and the
     kernel to the
     legal team... but I'm not sure they'd agree with it.

Well, if Lawrence Livermore is doing it, and Canonical apparently plans
to do it, it probably would be a good idea to get a determination from
the legal team

who is "Lawrence Livermore"?

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory is an organization founded by
the University of California to do research and development for
academic and government purposes. The US Department of Energy
commissioned them to port ZFS to Linux quite a long time ago[0], which
is the foundation of the current ZFS on Linux codebase.

and they build a large, genral purpose, linux distribution?

Please do some research before actually saying things

likely i did much more research than you can even imagine long before that thread started

CDDL is incompatible with GPLv2 - period