Mattia Verga píše v Ne 17. 01. 2016 v 20:51 +0100:
> Il 17/01/2016 18:58, Richard Hughes ha scritto:
> > Are you using non-breaking UTF-8 spaces perhaps? Have a look in
> > vim
> > and see if it has lots of control chars showing. At the moment
> > even
> > xmllint won't validate it. Richard.
> Thanks, yes. That was the problem.
> Using validate-relax now is ok.
>
> Do also addons metainfo.xml files need to be validated in .spec file?
> can't find anything about that on Packaging Guidelines.
> Mattia

Although the validation section [1] doesn't specifically mention
metainfo files, I think it applies both to appdata and metainfo files.
I myself add the validation in %check in all packages that ship any
sort of AppStream metadata files.

Jiri

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:AppData#app-data-validate_
usage