> In past days I filled many review requests for various python libraries, in
> order to submit python-netdiff [1] and python-django-netjsongraph [2].
> During this process, I noticed that a lot of python packages are not
> compliant to Fedora Guidelines for packaging Python stuff [3]. So you have
> to deal with many packages that have the old naming (python-*) and are not
> using the new python2-* and python3-*
> Moreover there are packages that have newer branches that are compliant to
> guidelines and older that are not, so the result is that you have a *your*
> package that builds for example on >= F23 but does not on F22, and maybe on
> EPEL7 too.

Problem is that these guidelines are not compliant with EL7 guidelines.
I have the reverse problem that packages from EPEL7 don't build
anymore on CentOS.
It's putting an additional barrier for people from CentOS community,
and third party repositories.

I honestly think that these guidelines were a mistake, we should just
have left python- prefix die with python2 and enforce versioned
pythonX prefix everywhere (Qt packaging experience proved that was the
only sane option).
These have brought more issues that it solved (if it solved any issues at all).

Regards,
H.