On 02/14/2016 12:54 AM, Randy Barlow wrote:
> Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
>> You don't state the actual conflict anywhere in this mail, so my
>> reply is based on my guess what the problem is.
>
> Hello Zbyszek, thank you for your input!
>
> To clarify, rebar (the Erlang build tool) wants to find the package
> "xmlrpc" in %{_erllibdir}/xmlrpc-*/, and what it finds inside must also
> follow this name. Frankly, I'm pretty new at Erlang, so this is just
> based on my anecdotal evidence of playing with it for several weeks.
>
> So the issue is that my xmlrpc and the one that's already in Fedora both
> "want" to be in that same folder.

What we do with other languages is to patch the sources of the
application to use the library under the name as it is provided by
Fedora (or perhaps bundle the library with the application, under the
new rules).

I'm not sure how common it is these days, but there used to be
considerable variance of the include paths under /usr/include, for example.

Florian