On Sat, Feb 13, 2016 at 05:40:07PM -0800, Alex Gagniuc wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 13, 2016 at 9:57 AM, Till Maas <opensou...@till.name>
> wrote:

> # Zero-day patches after 0.3.0 release. Extract using:
> # $ git clone git://sigrok.org/pulseview.git
> # $ cd pulseview
> # $ git checkout a1a3656b4e18cb9fc078a51bf4256066ee307620
> # $ git format-patch pulseview-0.3.0

These instructions are great. Btw. I was told on IRC that there might be
a bugfix sigrok release soonish that includes these fixes.

> yes, I have an IRC bouncer server, so I was able to find your question
> after some grepping. It was posted before dawn in my timezone, so I
> wouldn't have had a chance to respond anyhow.

Since I assumed that you would like it if pulseview was fixed and the
update complete.

> > Also pushing
> > dependent builds in separate updates is against best practices as this
> > will lead to broken updates.
>
> I haven't been able to stay up-to date with the latest and greatest
> guidelines in the past several years due to jobs, military training,
> etc, though I'm always looking for hints on how to improve the process
> of pushing out these updates.

Probably everyone has not enough time to keep up with everything. I am
sure that some of my packages are also still using %doc instead of
%license, since I update this when I need to update the package anyhow -
and sometimes someone else is kind enough to do it.  However, I guess I
was not clear enough about the updates bundling. You should publish all
related builds in one update, i.e. add the sigrok-cli build to the big
other update. This ensures that all builds are pushed together and
avoids that only some of the builds are updated on a system breaking the
other tools.

Kind Regards
Till