> Adam Jackson wrote:
> > Currently the repository includes the driver loader, as well as Intel's
> > open source drivers for gen8+ (Broadwell, Cherryview, Skylake, Broxton
> > and Kabylake) GPUs. The Intel drivers also have incomplete support for
> > Ivybridge, Haswell, and Baytrail devices; I can vouch that the
> > Ivybridge support is good enough to run the vkcube demo.
>
> What about software rendering? Is something like llvmpipe, or a port of the
> existing llvmpipe, in the works for Vulkan?

No, nothing concrete has been mentioned in this area at all.

sw rendering won't benefit from vulkan very much, in fact it would be worse
than GL in some cases, as Vulkan really works on the building up long
command buffers and executing them, rather than direct execution in a context
that GL does.

Dave.