On Sun, Feb 21, 2016 at 11:31:05AM -0700, Chris Murphy wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 21, 2016 at 7:32 AM, Sam Varshavchik <mr...@courier-mta.com>
> wrote:
> > So, I see that someone hacked Linux Mint, and slipped in some trojaned ISO
> > download images.
> >

> Since Fedora looks to be moving to Live USB Creator (maybe Fedora
> Media Writer, TBD) as the primary download for Fedora 24, I wonder if
> the new tool automatically verifies the GPG signed hash file, and
> compares that hash with a computed one from the downloaded file?

If we had virt-builder metadata, virt-builder will check the SHA256
[by default] hash of the downloaded cloud image.  The hash is
contained in the GPG signed metadata.  To do this, virt-builder ships
with (or would ship with, if we had virt-builder metadata) the Fedora
GPG pubkey.  Currently SUSE are doing exactly this for their cloud
images.

Rich.

http://libguestfs.org/virt-v2v