On Fri, 2016-02-26 at 12:25 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> What happens if the user isn't using DNF? For the workstation we have
> to support users using just the graphical tools, and we can't rely on
> command line tools for this kind of thing. I'm happy to add support
> for installing lang packs into gnome-software but need to know how
> the
> langpack plugin works so we can add proper support into the AppStream
> metadata file. The idea being if the user changes the per-session
> language we install the required langpacks automatically.
>
> Can someone explain how the dnf langpack plugin gets the data on what
> application subpackages to install? It would be easy if we could have
> a virtual package that we could install for each locale as then we
> can
> just put the metainfo file there for easy support in gnome-software.

We also need locale selection in gnome-control-center and gnome-
initial-setup to work. Any chance you'll work on that too, Richard?

Otherwise, we should be able to resolve this by adding glibc-all-
langpacks to the Workstation group in comps (correct Carlos?). It
defeats the point of this change, but releasing with broken locale
selection is not gonna happen.

Michael