On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 9:02 PM, Mikus Grinbergs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> thereafter every attempt at booting would "stop" somewhere.  [If I
> used the 'check' key to get out of "pretty boot", the booting
> process would always stop after the console message "Starting
> anacron:".  If I used manual intervention to get to the text
> console, after the "Starting anacron:" message there would be

Well, until the sugar guys fix:
   http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/7357
then it will always seem like the F9 builds freeze with pretty boot. =(

But I don't really know what to make of the rest of your problem report.
If you could carefully boot the latest joyride with pretty boot
disabled (if you forget to press 'check' at boot you can also just
switch to the console before the clock animation is complete) and tell
us exactly what the last message is -- after anacron, X is supposed to
start, and currently sugar takes a *long* time to start up fully.
Assuming X is starting, what's the last screen you see look like?
 --scott

--
 ( http://cscott.net/ )