On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 04:50, Philipp Kocher <philipp.koc...@gmx.net> wrote:
> Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>> On 18.12.2008, at 08:08, Philipp Kocher wrote:
>>>
>>> One more thing, the scratch icon is not shown in the journal for files
>>> with the scratch mimetype. I think the file
>>> /usr/share/sugar/data/mime.defaults has to be adapted to include the
>>> scratch-mimetype.
>>

>> It just has to be listed in the activity bundle's info file:
>>
>> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activity_bundles#.info_File_Format
>>
>> - Bert -
>>

> I added the mime_types attribute to the activities.info file and the
> icon attribute is set as well. But still the Scratch icon is not shown
> in the Journal (the default octet-stream icon is shown) even so the
> Scratch mime-type is set in the metadata file in the datastore.
>
> I think the problem is connected to the gtk theme (gtk-update-icon-cache
> and update-mime-database). e.g. etoys has file etoys.xml in
> /usr/share/mime/packages and probably the icon in the icon cache.
>
> How can I put the icon in the icon-cache?

Hi, Sugar will put it there for you when the .xo bundle is installed.
That means that if the activity bundle gets installed from outside
Sugar, the mime db won't be updated.

So, I would recommend you to uninstall Scratch from Sugar, then
installing the .xo bundle by downloading it with Browse or by copying
it into the journal from an usb stick.

HTH,

Tomeu