Hi,

Here's a version of the Record activity which works on XO-1.5:
git://dev.laptop.org/users/dsd/record

It's basically Record v60 plus a few tweaks.
Unfortunately it seems like Record v61 included a rewrite, cutting out
most of the hard work I did on this activity in summer 2008 :(
and that version and the ones that followed are not working well on
XO-1.5 (and presumably XO-1 neither).

Rolling back this 1 year of the history gets us back to a working
activity, with several added benefits - the whole thing is more
responsive, taking photos is a lot faster, the microphone is only
powered up when we're actually recording audio, etc.

It's known to require Fedora 10 (or equivalent gstreamer version) or
newer -- presumably the reason for the v61 rewrite was that v60
(intentionally) doesn't work on older gstreamer versions.

Where do we go from here?

Daniel