had nowhere near the configurability of G2

Whether you intended to or not, you've just joined forces with those
who criticise the fallback mode without actually saying whats wrong
with it. What functionality were you missing?

If you were someone working to improve the fallback mode, I would consider my time well spent to explain my comment. But to inform those not directly involved, please read what I _DID_ already say regarding what I dislike: "had nowhere near the configurability of G2".

mikus

p.s. For example, in the panels G2 gives me a LOT of function via LMB -- icon move and delete, panel resize and add, etc. G3 fallback mode (out of the box) has taken all those configurability facilities away.