From: devel-boun...@open-mpi.org on behalf of Jeff Squyres
Sent: Mon 8/8/2005 7:53 PM
To: Open MPI Developers
Subject: Re: [O-MPI devel] Fwd: Regarding MVAPI Component in Open MPI

The README there was just copied over from the beta branch, and there
is no mVAPI or Open IB support on the beta branch (the docs usually lag
the code base -- they'll get a thorough scrubbing before the formal
release).  As we talked about on the teleconference (I confess to not
remembering if you were on it or not), Open MPI supports both mVAPI and
Open IB.

I'll go update some of the obvious errors (like this one).

As for lmpga and lmtl_common, ok, I'll modify the configure scripts as
appropriate.  I'm assuming that you're telling me that these two
libraries are optional...?  I.e., if we find them, we should use them?
But if not, it's not an error...?  Is that correct?  (I don't know what
the purpose of these libraries are)

On Aug 8, 2005, at 4:58 AM, Sridhar Chirravuri wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have got the latest code drop and this time I didn't give -r option
> to svn co. The last line that it showed me is given below.
>
> Checked out revision 6760.
>

> I am trying to install/configure/build OpenMPI on RHEL3 update 4
> machine. For this release, we don't have lmpga and lmtl_common
> libraries. We are not using separate VAPI libraries. We only use lvapi
> and lmosal. We do have lmpga and lmtl_common libs but with the older
> release.
>
> In the file README of latest check out, I could see the following lin
>
> - Support for Quadrics and Infiniband (both mVAPI and OpenIB) is
>
>   missing (see the current code base).
>
> What does it mean? Does OpenMPI has support for Infiniband (mVAPI)? I
> am not getting why btl mVAPI component is not being built (in my
> previous mail with ompi_info output). Could you please let me know
> whether OpenMPI has got support for Infiniband (mVAPI)? If yes, what
> sort of configuration options that I need to give? Or Do I have to
> modify anything in the respective directories? Please let me know.
>
> Thanks
>
> -Sridhar

{+} Jeff Squyres
{+} The Open MPI Project