On Aug 9, 2005, at 9:48 AM, Sridhar Chirravuri wrote:

Does r6774 has lot of changes that are related to 3rd generation point-to-point? I am trying to run some benchmark tests (ex: pallas) with Open MPI stack and just want to compare the performance figures with MVAPICH 095 and MVAPICH 092.

Looking at the log, it looks like Tim fixed a few things to do with probe/iprobe, and Galen added the stuff to configure to Topspin's mvapi headers / libraries. That's probably most of what would interest you (you can see the full log via the "svn log" command).

In order to use 3rd generation p2p communication, I have added the following line in the /openmpi/etc/openmpi-mca-params.conf

pml=ob1

I also exported (as double check) OMPI_MCA_pml=ob1.

Note that you really only have to do one of those -- the file method is a good/easy way to set it an forget about it. The environment variable way is also fine (and 100% equivalent to the file method), but needs to be set in every shell where you invoke mpirun.

--
{+} Jeff Squyres
{+} The Open MPI Project