You should try mpirun -np 2 -bynode totalview ./NPmpi

Aurelien
Le 29 août 07 à 13:05, Andrew Friedley a écrit :

OK, I've never used totalview before.  So doing some FAQ reading I got
an xterm on an Atlas node (odin doesn't have totalview AFAIK). Trying a
simple netpipe run just to get familiar with things results in this:

$ mpirun -debug -np 2 -bynode -debug-daemons ./NPmpi
---------------------------------------------------------------------- ---- Internal error -- the orte_base_user_debugger MCA parameter was not able to
be found.  Please contact the Open RTE developers; this should not
happen.
---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----

Grepping for that param in ompi_info shows:

         MCA orte: parameter "orte_base_user_debugger" (current value:
                   "totalview @mpirun@ -a @mpirun_args@ : ddt -n @np@
-start @executable@ @executable_argv@ @single_app@ :
                   fxp @mpirun@ -a @mpirun_args@")

What's going on? I also tried running totalview directly, using a line
like this:

totalview mpirun -a -np 2 -bynode -debug-daemons ./NPmpi

Totalview comes up and seems to be running debugging the mpirun process, with only one thread. Doesn't seem to be aware that this is an MPI job
with other MPI processes.. any ideas?

Andrew

George Bosilca wrote:
The first step will be to figure out which version of the alltoall
you're using. I suppose you use the default parameters, and then the
decision function in the tuned component say it is using the linear
all to all. As the name state it, this means that every node will
post one receive from any other node and then will start sending to
every other node the respective fragment. This will lead to a lot of
outstanding sends and receives. I doubt that the receive can cause a
problem, so I expect the problem is coming from the send side.

Do you have TotalView installed on your odin ? If yes there is a
simple way to see how many sends are pending and where ... That might
pinpoint [at least] the process where you should look to see what'
wrong.

   george.