Hi,

In the configure output, there should be a section like:

--- MCA component mtl:<component name> (m4 configuration macro)
checking for MCA component mtl:<component name> compile mode... dso
checking <header> usability... yes
checking if MCA component mtl:<component name> can compile... yes

Make sure that last line is yes. If it is not, look at the output to see
which configure checks failed. You may need to edit the configure.m4 (if
you have one) in your component directory. There are lots of examples in
the different components of how they should look, such as
ompi/mca/mtl/mx/configure.m4.

Alternatively, if you don't want any configure checks done, don't put a
configure.m4 file in the directory and it should just work after an
autogen.sh run. See ompi/mca/osc/pt2pt/ for an example of a component
that does not do configure checks.

Also, the output in config.log is helpful, as well as looking at what
other components in the same framework do.

Hope this helps,

Tim

Manjunath wrote:
hello,

I am a newbie to OpenMPI and started digging into code base.
I am trying to add a new component to MTL(mca/mtl/). I assumed adding a new component to MTL, is no different than adding a component to BTL
and followed slides below to do so.
http://www.open-mpi.org/papers/workshop-2006/mon_07_mca_part_2.pdf

Also, defined
mca_mycomponent_init(bool enable_progress_threads, bool enable_mpi_threads), as mentioned in ( http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/devel/2007/09/2294.php ),
which for now only returns success.

Then ...
    $ompi-trunk/autogen.sh
    $ompi-trunk/configure --prefix=<install-path>
seems to generate relavant make file.

However,
$ make all install
doesn't compile my component. Is there something I am missing ?
Any ideas or documentation I should be reading.

thanks in advance,
-Manjunath