On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 07:41:58PM +0300, Pavel Shamis (Pasha) wrote:
> As I know only Openib kernel drivers is installed by default with
> distribution.
> But the user level - libibverbs and other openib stuff is not installed
> by default. User need go to the package manager and explicitly
> select libibverb.  So if user decided to install libibverbs he had
> reasons for it, and I think it will be ok to show this warning.

Debian builds with libibverbs because it is available -- we'd be doing
a disservice to those who have the hardware if we didn't.

Because we build with it, Open MPI packages depend on it. So if you
install Open MPI on Debian (and hence Ubuntu and ....), you get libibverbs.

So yes, suppressing the warning would be great as a default.

And generally speaking, we prefer to not diverge from upstream so if
you made it a default, we wouldn;t have to differ in what we
ship. That's how the thread started.

Thanks to all for considering this.

Dirk (who as Debian co-maintainer is rather happy with all your good work :)