Ethan Mallove wrote:
I'm still running into the Cstd/stlport4 issue with 2.2.6. That is,
this line appears in the libtool script:

  postdeps="-library=Cstd -library=Crun"
Do you have the string " -library=stlport4 " in $CXX $CXXFLAGS?
If not, then how can Libtool detect that you use stlport?

Ok. When I use -library=stlport4, I get libstlport linked to
libmpi_cxx, instead of libCstd. Doesn't that then lock the user into
having to use stlport4 when we want them to be able to use either Cstd
or stlport4?

Thanks,
Ethan

I think Ethan's point above is important. We went through great lengths earlier this year to make Open MPI STL agnostic so an application can choose which STL it would like to link in. In other words there really should be no need to tie (link) libmpi to a specific STL thus allowing the application to do the actual linking to the STL it prefers.

--td