On Nov 23, 2008, at 1:19 AM, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

* Ethan Mallove wrote on Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 09:01:56PM CET:
On Fri, Nov/21/2008 01:02:12PM, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
IMHO OpenMPI can use
the solaris_use_stlport4=yes until such a functionality is in place.

Nice. This workaround works. I don't suppose there's a similar
workaround to unset "wl" in the FC libtool section? If not, I think we
still need the heinous post-configure workaround script. Otherwise,
since there won't be a stable Libtool that contains the Sun Fortran
fix for a while, I propose the attached patch.

While I suppose your patch works, I think in similar situations, OpenMPI
has resorted to patching input files to configure (like aclocal.m4 or
ltmain.sh).  Search autogen.sh for instances of 'patch'.

Interesting observation - I wonder if that would explain why I recently started seeing an "aclocal.m4.rej" file every time I re-gen the trunk?

Maybe one of those patches has an error in it?
Ralph

(This is merely an observation; I am not an OpenMPI developer.)

Cheers,
Ralf