Unfortunately, this pinpoint the fact that we didn't test enough the collective module mixing thing. I went over the tuned collective functions and changed all instances to use the correct module information. It is now on the trunk, revision 20267. Simultaneously,I checked that all other collective components do the right thing ... and I have to admit tuned was the only faulty one.

This is clearly a bug in the tuned, and correcting it will allow people to use the hierarch. In the current incarnation 1.3 will mostly/ always segfault when hierarch is active. I would prefer not to give a broken toy out there. How about pushing r20267 in the 1.3?

  george.