On Feb 16, 2009, at 9:16 PM, George Bosilca wrote:

Based on several man pages, free is capable of handling a NULL argument. What is really puzzling is that on your system it doesn't ...

I tried on two system a 64 bits Debian and on my MAC OS X with all memory allocator options on, and I'm unable to get such a warning :(

Remember that the warning is in our code -- opal/util/malloc.c:

-----
void opal_free(void *addr, const char *file, int line)
{
#if OMPI_ENABLE_DEBUG
    if (opal_malloc_debug_level > 1 && NULL == addr) {
opal_output(opal_malloc_output, "Invalid free (%s, %d)", file, line);
        return;
    }
#endif  /* OMPI_ENABLE_DEBUG */
    free(addr);
}
-----

Are you saying that we should remove this warning?