Hello,

* Jeff Squyres wrote on Thu, May 14, 2009 at 07:56:24PM CEST:
> On May 14, 2009, at 1:46 PM, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
>
>> A more permanent workaround could be in OpenMPI to list each library
>> that is used *directly* by some other library as a dependency.  Sigh.
>
> We actually took pains to *not* do that; we *used* to do that and
> explicitly took it out.  :-\  IIRC, it had something to do with
> dlopen'ing libmpi.so...?

Admittedly, I didn't look at Open MPI in detail before writing my
previous reply.  So it would be nice to know the outcome of the
workaround anyway (I do have a Debian here, but different Libtool
versions and little time), there could also be another genuine bug
hiding there.  Dlopening sounds like Debian Libtool issue though,
and one worthy of a Debian bug report (because that is not intended
by them to fail).

Thanks,
Ralf