Hi,

Some news about that bug ?

Thomas

Edgar Gabriel wrote:
so I can confirm that I can reproduce the hang, and we (George, Rainer and me) have looked into that and are continue digging.

I hate to say that, but it looked to us as if messages were 'lost' (sender clearly called send and but the data is not in any of the queues on the receiver side), which seems to be consistent with two other bug reports currently being discussed on the mailing list. I could reproduce the hang with both sm and tcp, so its probably not a btl issue but somewhere higher.

Thanks
Edgar

Thomas Ropars wrote:
Edgar Gabriel wrote:
Two short questions: do you have any open MPI mca parameters set in a file or at runtime?
No
And second, is there any difference if you disable the hierarch coll module (which does communicate additionally as well?) e.g.

mpirun --mca coll ^hierarch -np 4 ./mytest
No, there is no difference.

I don't know if it can help but : I've first had the problem when launching bt.A.4 and sp.A.4 of the NAS Parallel Benchmarks (3.3 version).

Thomas

Thanks
Edgar

Thomas Ropars wrote: