On Sep 10, 2009, at 7:12 PM, Edgar Gabriel wrote:

so I can confirm that I can reproduce the hang, and we (George, Rainer
and me) have looked into that and are continue digging.

I hate to say that, but it looked to us as if messages were 'lost'
(sender clearly called send and but the data is not in any of the queues
on the receiver side), which seems to be consistent with two other bug
reports currently being discussed on the mailing list. I could reproduce
the hang with both sm and tcp,  so its probably not a btl issue but
somewhere higher.

Is this is, indeed, happening, someone please file a bug in trac.

Thanks.