Ick; I appreciate Lisandro's quandry, but don't quite know what to do.

How about keeping libltdl fvisibility=hidden inside mpi4py?

On Sep 17, 2009, at 11:16 AM, Josh Hursey wrote:

So I started down this road a couple months ago. I was using the
lt_dlopen() and friends in the OPAL CRS self module. The visibility
changes broke that functionality. The one solution that I started
implementing was precisely what you suggested, wrapping a subset the
libtool calls and prefixing them with opal_*. The email thread is below:
   http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/devel/2009/07/6531.php

The problem that I hit was that libtool's build system did not play
well with the visibility symbols. This caused dlopen to be disabled
incorrectly. The libtool folks have a patch and, I believe, they are
planning on incorporating in the next release. The email thread is
below:
   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.libtool.patches/9446

So we would (others can speak up if not) certainly consider such a
wrapper, but I think we need to wait for the next libtool release
(unless there is other magic we can do) before it would be usable.

Do others have any other ideas on how we might get around this in the
mean time?

-- Josh