Disclaimer: I have almost no experience with Fortran, nor I'm needing
this, but anyway (perhaps just as a reminder for you) :-)...

Provided that:

1) Open MPI exposes MPI_LOGICAL{1|2|4|8}, and they are not (AFAIK)
listed in the MPI standard (I cannot found them in MPI-2.2)

2) The MPI-2.2 standard DO list MPI COMPLEX4 (at least in 2.2) ...

would it make sense that you add MPI_COMPLEX4 support ASAP, even
before full MPI-2.2 support?

--
Lisandro Dalcín