Ralph Castain wrote:

Just stale code that doesn't hurt anything

Okay, so it'd be all right to remove those lines.  Right?

- frankly, I wouldn't look at platform files to try to get a handle on such
things as they tend to fall out of date unless someone needs to change it.

We always hard-code progress threads to off because the code isn't thread safe
in key areas involving the event library, for one.