As a result of this patch the first decode of a peer host name might happen in
the middle of a debug message (on the first call to ompi_proc_get_hostname).
Such a behavior might generate deadlocks based on the level of output
verbosity, and has significant potential to reintroduce the recursive behavior
the new state machine was supposed to remove.

  George.