George: I've asked the various BTL developers of the components you listed
below (minus Portals4 as I couldn't get hold of them), and we are agreed that
we can move forward.

So please go ahead and commit this merge - it'll break things, but we all
agreed it would be easier to resolve in the trunk at this stage.