I have not yet had a chance to run this RC through all it paces.

However, I can say that I have successfully built and run this RC on a
system with Apple's latest public Betas of Mac OS High Sierra and Xcode 9.

-Paul

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 11:47 AM, Howard Pritchard <hpprit...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>

> Open MPI v2.1.2rc1 tarballs are available for testing at the usual
>
> place:
>
> https://www.open-mpi.org/software/ompi/v2.1/
>

> There is an outstanding issue which will be fixed before the final release:
>

> https://github.com/open-mpi/ompi/issues/4069
>

> but we wanted to get an rc1 out to see what else we may need
>
> to fix.
>

> Bug fixes/changes in this release include:
>

> - Remove IB XRC support from the OpenIB BTL due to loss of maintainer.
> - Fix a problem with MPI_IALLTOALLW when using zero-length messages.
>   Thanks to Dahai Guo for reporting.
> - Fix a problem with C11 generic type interface for SHMEM_G.  Thanks
>   to Nick Park for reporting.
> - Switch to using the lustreapi.h include file when building Open MPI
>   with Lustre support.
> - Fix a problem in the OB1 PML that led to hangs with OSU collective tests.
> - Fix a progression issue with MPI_WIN_FLUSH_LOCAL.  Thanks to
>   Joseph Schuchart for reporting.
> - Fix an issue with recent versions of PBSPro requiring libcrypto.
>   Thanks to Petr Hanousek for reporting.
> - Fix a problem when using MPI_ANY_SOURCE with MPI_SENDRECV.
> - Fix an issue that prevented signals from being propagated to ORTE
>   daemons.
> - Ensure that signals are forwarded from ORTE daemons to all processes
>   in the process group created by the daemons.  Thanks to Ted Sussman
>   for reporting.
> - Fix a problem with launching a job under a debugger. Thanks to
>   Greg Lee for reporting.
> - Fix a problem with Open MPI native I/O MPI_FILE_OPEN when using
>   a communicator having an associated topology.  Thanks to
>   Wei-keng Liao for reporting.
> - Fix an issue when using MPI_ACCUMULATE with derived datatypes.
> - Fix a problem with Fortran bindings that led to compilation errors
>   for user defined reduction operations.  Thanks to Nathan Weeks for
>   reporting.
> - Fix ROMIO issues with large writes/reads when using NFS file systems.
> - Fix definition of Fortran MPI_ARGV_NULL and MPI_ARGVS_NULL.
> - Enable use of the head node of a SLURM allocation on Cray XC systems.
> - Fix a problem with synchronous sends when using the UCX PML.
> - Use default socket buffer size to improve TCP BTL performance.

Paul H. Hargrove                          phhargr...@lbl.gov
Computer Languages & Systems Software (CLaSS) Group
Computer Science Department               Tel: +1-510-495-2352