On Sep 14, 2018, at 12:37 PM, Gilles Gouaillardet
<gilles.gouaillar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> IIRC mtt-relay is not only a proxy (squid can do that too).

Probably true.  IIRC, I think mtt-relay was meant to be a
dirt-stupid-but-focused-to-just-one-destination relay.

> mtt results can be manually copied from a cluster behind a firewall, and then
> mtt-relay can “upload” these results to mtt.open-MPI.org

Yes, but then a human has to be involved, which kinda defeats at least one of
the goals of MTT.  Using mtt-relay allowed MTT to still function in an
automated fashion.

FWIW, it may not be necessary to convert mtt-relay to python (IIRC that it's
protocol agnostic, but like I said: it's been quite a while since I've looked
at that code).  It was pretty small and straightforward.  It could also just
stay in mtt-legacy.