Thanks Dmitry.

I was aware of the two links posted...

[1]: It dates from 2016, and the issue with statfs/stavfs persists.
I wouldn't know how to "submit a pull request with a PKGBUILD for the
package", and from the post I did not understand if that is like a "feature
request", or if that provides a version that lets me move forward
immediately. In the latter case I would certainly do it.

[2]: To get a "real" linux (Ubuntu) under Win10 I could get WSL (as you
indicate) or another Virtual Machine (e.g., vbox). Both require admin
rights, so it would be a longer process (if possible at all) in my
corporate environment.