Due to Gentoo bug 375615
our env contains __GL_NO_DSO_FINALIZER=1

This makes gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders to segfault (yay).
The ugly part is that the Gentoo ebuild (now fixed) didn't deal with
/usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders.cache atomically...
gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders crashed before its stdout was actually
flushed out resulting in empty loaders.cache file.

All the issues have now been addressed both in Gentoo and Sabayon.
Please install x11-libs/gdk-pixbuf-2.24.0-r1~1 from our Entropy repositories.
Old binary packages have been removed from mirrors.

Case closed, not our complete fault (I blame nvidia or
gtk/glib/whatever devs for the DSO_FINALIZER bug).
--
Fabio Erculiani